Divorce and Family Law
To formally end your marriage, you need to apply to the Federal Magistrates Court for a divorce.
If you apply for a divorce, you will need to prove that:
- You were married;
- You have been separated for at least 12 months and 1 day;
- Your marriage has broken down and there is no chance of reconciliation;
- You or your partner are Australian residents or citizens or regard Australia as your permanent home.
Where there are children of the relationship under the age of 18 the court might not grant a divorce unless proper arrangements have been made for their care and welfare and those arrangements must be explained to the Court.
We can assist with the preparation and filing of your divorce application and other matters such as:
- Property settlement
- De Facto property settlements
- Binding Financial Agreements & Consent Orders
- Legal representation in Court
- Parenting Orders
- Parenting plans for Children
To make an appointment with one of our experienced family lawyers, contact us on 5578 8888.